Sunday, October 6, 2013

On The Wall...

sunroom
 
dining room
 
 
bathroom
 
I thought it would be interesting to show some of my paintings as hung in our home.  Because of the inventory I have, I am constantly changing things about, often to fit the season.  The top one is my recent "Somewhere Over Texas #2" with a companion "Buffalo" in our sunroom.  Since taking that photo I've switched out the big one with the first "Somewhere Over Texas".  The middle photo shows "Koi" over a narrow cabinet in our dining room.  That one has hung there for a while.  The size and colors fit well in that space.  The last one is "Beets and Butternuts" in our dormer bathroom.  That is an awkward spot where for a long time hung smaller painting but recently I felt the need for a change.  Over the years I've seen how the size and shape of a painting really determines where it hangs.  Once in a while a painting OWNS a space and doesn't get moved...but not often in our house.

3 comments:

Robin Rosenthal said...

You did a beautiful job of hanging your paintings. Great way to demonstrate how they'd look in someones home.

Diane Hoeptner (hep-ner) said...

Wow, they look great.

Bobbi Heath said...

I love this! What a great idea. Not only are the paintings wonderful, but seeing them in your house is very compelling. My favorite is the dormer room with the "large for the space" painting, really excellent.