Monday, November 4, 2013

1894 (sold)


"1894" by Stephanie Berry
Once in a while a painting goes really well.  This was one of those.  I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.  Odd thing is, I usually go for lots of color which this lacks.  This old barn probably won't last much longer but it is a classic New England barn with a cupola which can't be seen from this angle.  Someday I'll get photos of that and do another "portrait" of this barn. (reminder-clicking on the photo enlarges it for a better view)

24x30" oil on canvas     copyright 2013













5 comments:

Diane Hoeptner (hep-ner) said...

Oh be still my heart, it's FANTASTIC!! Lovely gradations of value and wonderful composition Stephanie.

Hilje van Beijnum said...

This indeed a really wonderful one, Stephanie! Once again you captured the atmosphere very well. I love the lack of color palette. Excellent work. Have a lovely weekend!

Julie Ford Oliver said...

THIS painting is fabulous.
I love the strength of your design with the dark snowy sky to set it all off.

Robin Rosenthal said...

Brrr! You captured the winter cold and atmosphere so perfectly in this painting. I love everything about it too.

Maria Baluis said...

This is wonderful - so solid and moody....reminds me of an Andrew Wyeth painting. I always love your paintings of structures and landscape.