Wednesday, January 15, 2014

BRADBURY MOUNTAIN PICNIC

"Bradbury Mountain Picnic" by Stephanie Berry
Here's another painting inspired by a friend's old family photo.  We recognize this place as Bradbury Mt. which is a big hill with an open stony face on it's south side where one can see for miles.  The photo was quite blurry but obviously there were 5 friends having the picnic if you count the straw hats.   Not sure of the date but mutton sleeves and corsets appear to have been all the fashion.

20x24" oil on linen   copyright 2014

1 comment:

Susan said...

How charming, Stephanie! I guess the person with the 5th straw hat took the photo? Its an interesting mystery! Thank you for your kind words on my blog - I do hope you get a chance to visits Susan Roux's new gallery in Portland this summer! Please let me know your impressions as I would highly value your opinion. Seeing work in person is quite different from seeing it in photographs.