Sunday, March 2, 2014

More On the Wall




We visited my brother recently.  He bought the 3 shell paintings above before Christmas and it was my first time seeing them on the wall.  They keep with the ocean theme of the "Carlsbad Beach" I did a long time ago which hangs above the beds.  It's satisfying to see one's work hanging in someone else's home especially when they work so well in the room.  While we were there I snapped a photo of the painting below that hung in our home growing up that my brother now has hanging in his kitchen.  It's a terrific painting and I feel it's influenced my love of texture in a painting.


2 comments:

Carol Flatt said...

Your brother is a lucky fellow to have your art and put it together so nicely in his home. The sea references would be a favorite for me as well, but the fact that it is YOUR art makes it very special. I also like the kitchen painting! How nice that it's been in your family all this time. What a perfect place to enjoy it!

Diane Hoeptner (hep-ner) said...

Oh wow, all your art looks fantastic!! That must be satisfying, indeed. Great post.