Friday, May 30, 2014

PHILIP and FRIENDS

"Philip and Friends" by Stephanie Berry
This painting got started and finished before two others that have been challenging me for a  l   o   n  g  time. One I may give up on but the other is almost there.  This is shot of Philip as a young man with the family dog and kitten.  There was a lot going on in the background that I left out as I felt it didn't add to the "story."  This is one in a series of a local family who farmed the land for decades.  More to come...

Tonight is the opening at River Arts for their "Down on the Farm" exhibit.  I have "The Cows Come Home" in this show.  Stop in if you're driving along Route 1 in Damariscotta!

PS I edited the title of this as the young man was not Frank as I supposed.  He's maybe Philip.??

20x24" oil on linen     copyright 2014

2 comments:

Page Railsback said...

HOME RUN...Fairfiled Porter revisited. I want to come to Maine and visit and see your beautiful work

Susan said...

Love this one, and love your idea of depicting the farming family in a series of paintings! Good luck with the show - I, too, wish I could see your work in person!